Design and Technology involves the designing and making of solutions to every day problems. We are surrounded by items and products that exist to make our lives easier or more enjoyable. In secondary school DT develops a wide range of knowledge and skills combining maths, science and art but also instils characteristics such as resilience, problem solving, independence, creativity, time managment and organisational skills.
Design and Technology qualifications lead in to a wide range of career opportunities:
Who works in the DT Department?
- Mike O'Roary - Head of DT
- Rachel Jones - Part-Time Teacher of DT
- Lynn Ritson - Teacher of DT
- Ben Jordan - Teacher of DT
- Brendan Falloon - Technician
- Mandy Wallace - Technician