All students are expected to wear full uniform at all times. Any student not in full uniform must have an explanatory note from home. Any unexplained lack of uniform may result in the student being removed from circulation or sent home to change.
Students must wear the jumpers/cardigans and any girls who wish to wear skirts must ensure they are suitable for school and at least knee length.
All items are available from The Uniform Shop in Denton Holme:
- Girls’/Boys’ Blazers (Royal Blue with Logo)
- Girls’/Boys’ Grey V Neck Sweaters
- Girls’ Grey Cardigans
- Boys’/Girls’ White Shirts
- Clip on Tie
- Boys’/Girls’ Grey Trousers
- Girls’ Grey Skirts
- Tights can be either black or natural
- Jersey skirts are not allowed
- Plain black leather shoes (no coloured flashes or laces. Boots and trainers are not allowed
- Girls’/Boys’ PE Top
- Girls'/Boys' PE Shorts
- Girls' PE Skorts
- PE Socks
- Trainers / Football boots for PE
*Students do not have to wear Morton Academy branded sweaters/cardigans. Other non-branded sweaters and cardigans can be worn instead. Girls do not have to wear the skort for PE.
Make-up, hairstyles and jewellery
- No make-up is allowed (wipes will be provided to remove make up on the first instance)
- No false/ acrylic nails or nail varnish (nail varnish remover will be provided for the first instance)
- No extreme hairstyles (shaved, coloured or ridges cut into hair is not acceptable)
If you are unsure of what is acceptable please discuss with the Head of Year before making any drastic changes in style or colour.
Any students not following these expectations can expect to be taken out of circulation or sent home to make the changes necessary.
No jewellery, other than a watch is allowed in the Academy, this includes piercings of any kind. Students will be asked to remove the items and they will be kept at student services until the end of the day.
- Mobile phones, MP3 players, iPods and similar are not to be brought into the Academy. If a student is seen with a device it will be confiscated and held at student services until the end of the school day.
- Chewing gum is banned at RRMA.
- Sharp objects and other potential offensive weapons are banned. The academy reserves the right to search student’s bags, lockers and other belongings.