Every year at Morton Academy you will take part in an event which will be linked to one of our United Learning Values. These Milestones are unique to Morton and are a way of pushing yourself outside your comfort zone both academically and personally.
Year 7 – Confidence – A Choir in a Day – Sing Up Morton!
- Confidence in stepping up to secondary school
- Confidence in performing in public
- Confidence in yourself and achieving your best
Year 7 is all about exploring new beginnings and embracing all opportunities presented to you. Throughout the year students will have the opportunity to take part in various performance opportunities as well as take part in the challenge of… A Choir in a Day!
Year 8 – Respect – Social Action
- Respect for your academy community
- Respect for your local community
- Respect for your global community
Working with the local foodbanks, you as an individual, as a tutor group or as a year group will consider, plan and carry out fundraising activities to improve one or all the areas above.
Year 9 – Creativity – Dragon’s Den Digital Resource
- Creativity in using ICT
- Creativity in supporting learning
- Creativity in presentations
Working with United Learning, you will be tasked with creating a digital resource to fill a brief.
You will be given support through your ICT lessons and have the chance to deliver a ‘Dragons Den’ style pitch. The winning group, will have their digital resource used by the academy
Year 10 – Determination -50 mile walk
- Determination to complete a physical challenge
- Determination to overcome a mental challenge
- Determination to push yourself as far as you can
The 50 Mile walk is steeped in Morton history and generations of our students have undertaken this challenge. It is a very personal challenge, one which you face individually. To walk 50 miles in 24 hours requires more mental than physical strength, a real test of ‘mind over matter’!
Year 11 - Aspiration– Interview Day
- Aspiration for your exam results
- Aspiration for your career
- Aspiration for your future
Your final milestone as a Morton Student is to put all the skill, qualities and learning you have acquired into your next steps. Our interview day allows you to experience what life in the real world will be like. You will create a CV and Letter of Application and take part in an interview from a professional in your field of interest.