All students are expected to wear full uniform at all times. Any student not in full uniform must have an explanatory note from home. Any unexplained lack of uniform may result in the student being removed from circulation or sent home to change.
- Black tailored trousers or knee length skirt
- White shirt or blouse (to be worn tucked in and shirt top button fastened)
- Academy tie (if a shirt is being worn)
- Academy jumper or cardigan with logo visible
- Plain black leather shoes (no coloured flashes or laces - boots and trainers are not allowed)
- Bag with equipment needed for each day (minimum expectation: pens and planner)
- Black polo shirt with academy logo (short sleeved)
- Black shorts with school logo
- Black sports socks with yellow coloured tops
- Rugby top with school logo (long sleeved)-optional
- Skirt with school logo – optional
- Full zip sweatshirt with school logo
- Football boots
All items with the Academy logo are available from the School Wear shop in Denton Holme. Alternatives may be bought as long as they match colour and type.
Make-up, hairstyles and jewellery
- No make-up is allowed (wipes will be provided to remove make up on the first instance)
- No false/ acrylic nails or nail varnish (nail varnish remover will be provided for the first instance)
- No extreme hairstyles (shaved, coloured or ridges cut into hair is not acceptable)
If you are unsure of what is acceptable please discuss with the Head of Year before making any drastic changes in style or colour.
Any students not following these expectations can expect to be taken out of circulation or sent home to make the changes necessary.
No jewellery, other than a watch is allowed in the Academy, this includes piercings of any kind. Students will be asked to remove the items and they will be kept at student services until the end of the day.
- Mobile phones, MP3 players, iPods and similar are not to be brought into the Academy. If a student is seen with a device it will be confiscated and held at student services until the end of the school day.
- Chewing gum is banned at RRMA.
- Sharp objects and other potential offensive weapons are banned. The academy reserves the right to search student’s bags, lockers and other belongings.