Morton Academy is committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by excellent teaching and learning with clear and consistent use of assessment.
As a member of United Learning our curriculum is underpinned by the Core Values that drive the organisation:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success
Our curriculum is designed to promote innovation in teaching and learning whilst remaining rooted in key traditional skills that our students will need to help them make their contribution to society in their later years. We want our students to aim to achieve beyond what they perceive their potential to be. We want our students to be inspired and in turn inspire our teachers to deliver the very best.
Our curriculum is:
- fully compliant with all statutory aspects of the revised National Curriculum for 2014
- designed with the needs of our local community very much at the forefront of our thinking.
- designed to ensure the academy is positioned well in the changing assessment and national measures reforms.
- broad and balanced, yet able to be flexible for specific academic or organisational requirements.
- established to support teaching and learning to improve significantly in all areas.